We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Policy Key Definitions
- “information” means personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
- “we”, “us” and “our” means Middleton House Bed and Breakfast.
- “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act
- Cookies means small files that are stored on a computer or device.
Your Rights and Controlling your Information
At any time, you have the right to:
- Request access to or a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
- Rectify your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate.
- Ask us to delete your personal information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it.
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent).
- Ask us to stop or start sending you emails.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
How is your data stored
The personal data you supply us, as part of the booking process, is stored securely on a third party system, Q-Book.
Neither we nor Q-Book will share your information with any third party unless there is a legal reason for doing so.
What information we collect about you
When you make a booking with us we collect the names of guests who will be staying, your postal address, email address and telephone number of the person making the booking. The above information is the only information we hold, if bookings are made by telephone or email, until arrival.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- Communicate with you.
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
How we use the information we hold on you
When you make an online booking via Q- book, Queensborough Group is the data processor and the HotelHost Company and Rack Space are the sub processors that provide services in connection with the operation of our online booking system. Your email address is used to send you confirmation of the booking.
As we do not have debit / credit card facilities at present, we, the B&B owners, Gill or Kevin, will send a second e-mail to you after the booking confirmation as to how you wish to pay your deposit, by cheque or by BACS. The deposit is equal to the first night of your stay. We may also, if requested, email you with more details on how to find us and other information you may find useful for your stay.
After your stay, we will send an email to say thank you for staying with us. We do not contact you again unless you contact us first
We are not on any social media platforms.
We will not use your telephone number to contact you unless it is for an emergency and/or we have been unable to contact you by email.
We are required by law to collect the following information on all our guests. We do this by asking you to complete a registration form on arrival.
For commonwealth guests
- Name and nationality
For non commonwealth guests;
- Name, nationality, passport number, address of next destination
We will keep these forms safely in a locked filing cabinet. We are required to keep these registration forms for a year and show them to a police officer if they request to see them.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts.
- For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time, unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Sharing your Personal Information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your enquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, information we collect online by our Q booking system is securely held and with strong passwords.
After your departure, and our ‘Thank you for staying’ e-mail, we do not contact you again unless you contact us first and we do not pass your details onto any third party.
We do not have a distribution list.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our visitors needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. See www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
Our website does not have social networking, so any personal details should not be collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK.