May 2021. Excellent News! We are pleased to say that Middleton House is open again!
We remain determined to keep guests safe for the duration of their stay. Detailed measures are in place to ensure safety whilst continuing to provide our highest standards of service.
•We have an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation with particular focus on hand contact points. A hand sanitising point is available on entry/exit to the property and also available on entry to the dining room. We request that guests sanitise hands upon entry.
•We have an excellent standard of cleanliness, awarded 100% from Visit England for the last 10 years, and have a Hygiene Rating of 5, ‘Excellent’.
•We do request that if any prospective guest is displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19, that they please call us on 01749 343720 and cancel their stay as they will need to self-isolate, as recommended by government advice.
Middleton House check-in
• Upon check-in, you will be warmly greeted at a safe distance.
• Upon making a reservation, contact details will be requested in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace.
• Disinfecting luggage with Dettol spray is a possibility if help with luggage is required.
• Hand hygiene is considered one of the most effective measures to avoid the spread of germs and prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We regularly wash our hands and request that our guests do too.
Middleton House has always prioritised the highest standards of hygiene, safety and sanitation. Extra measures have been added to our stringent standards to keep you safe:
• All bed linen and towels are washed based on guidelines provided by the government and all cross contamination is avoided. During cleaning of rooms, dirty linen is removed without coming into contact with clean linen.
• Some decorative elements may be removed. This could include cushions and throws as a sanitation measure, as well as any non-essential printed literature and magazines.
• All information regarding ‘where to go/visit’, can be made available if required. We have excellent information on our ‘Out and About‘ page on our Website for ideas on where to visit.
• Single-use toiletries are provided in en-suites as well as anti-bacterial bottled hand wash.
• After a room is vacated, it will not be available for another guest for at least 72 hours. All surfaces, furniture and elements will be disinfected between room uses. Disposable single-use items and microfibre cloths are used in each room for cleaning. Special attention is made to elements with a high level of contact such as handles, taps and light switches. Television remote controls will be placed in a new, disposable bag ready for new occupants.
• To ensure safety, we are continuing not to offer guests a daily cleaning service of their room, during their stay. We will still happily empty bins and give clean mugs / glasses. Items needed to restock the rooms, tea, coffee, bottled water, flapjacks etc will be replenished via a messaging system or you can notify us at breakfast. Replacements will be left for you to take from a designated area.
• We ask guests to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible and we will maintain a safe distance too.
The Breakfast Room
• Our dining room remains open for breakfast, where a selection of buffet items will still be available. Although this has previously been self-service, any item required, will now be served directly to you, prepared as individual portions. We wear masks and protective gloves to serve breakfast and food is prepared with these measures in place too.
• You will be contacted prior to staying and asked to choose breakfast requirements for the first morning from our website ‘Breakfast Menu‘. Breakfast requirements for the following morning can be made verbally.
• We have considered spacing between tables and chairs and request furniture is not moved. Unnecessary chairs will be removed.
• When serving/taking breakfast orders, we will do our utmost to keep a safe social distance.
• The table will remain pre-set with cutlery on entering the breakfast room. The condiments, menu, tablecloths and mats will be hygienically washed and cleaned every day.
• All dishes, cutlery, table linen and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected. All surfaces and furniture will be regularly sanitised.
We hope you find the above measures reassuring.
They will be constantly monitored in accordance with government recommendations and health advice.
• If you start to show symptoms of COVID-19 whilst you are staying with us, please let us know immediately by text or email. It is a requirement, according to government guidelines, that you should return home, if safe to drive, and be tested. It is important for you to let us know the result of that test ASAP.
• After your stay, you will receive a follow up email confirming that you are still feeling healthy and you will be asked to keep us informed if you start showing symptoms of Covid-19.
• We are now using our booking system again. If you would like to stay with us, bookings can be made via the booking system on our home page, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 01749 343720.Booking is flexible and deposits and balances can be moved to an alternative date free of charge if necessary.
• Middleton House encourages payment of the deposit to secure rooms by BACS prior to arrival. If this is not possible, cash will be accepted, counted into an envelope, which can then be set aside.
A copy of our risk assessment can be made available on request.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any concerns you may have or if you require any further information.
We look forward to having you stay with us, safely
Gill and Kevin @ Middleton House